Over on Darren Rowse’s Problogger Blog a new “Community Writing Project” kicks off this week with the subject matter being “Developing Goals for your Blog“. This innovative idea brings the world of Pro-blogger and amateur blogger head to head with undoubtedly the novice blogger having the most to gain through quality readership.
This unselfish and caring attitude towards his readership only cements his place at the top of his profession and at the same time gaining additional converts to his own blog on how to make money via blogging.
OK, so let’s try and put my efforts into some sort of prospective.
- My number one priority is to try and gain some momentum in posting on a regular basis. As everyone knows, time is an important commodity and one that I have very little of. A hectic work schedule controlling ten hours a day plus the worst commute ever. I will have to purchase a small recorder for listing the many thoughts that I have during my commute during LA’s rush hour and put the two hours each way to good use.
- Reduce the amount of outstanding projects that I take on so that I’m not spread so thin. This I guess is in the form of running my website Clay, Application to Refinement and my two main Blogs, Resurrecting the Wood and Metamorphosis. This coupled with family time and maintaining the property all leads to one tired boy! One must get the perspective right, family time is paramount.
- Develop a different face to the generic template that I now show on my blogs, an identity is important to me in this business.
- Analyze the content of my blogs, is it too specialized to draw in traffic of any significance, even though the subject matter is one that I have plenty of knowledge on.
- Continue with unique and quaility posts on my chosen subjects
Once I have control of the these five situations, hopefully the readership will increase because of the authoritative posts leading to better SEO.